Sunday, July 15, 2007

Believe Me, I Tried

But it won't go away. Tell me what should I do. Do something for me. Make me better. Make me feel like I am indeed wanted. Say that something's changed. That there will be comfort. Erase what was before with new memories of pleasant things. Of promises. Of hope. Stay. Say it was all a crazy unreal nightmare and that I can wake up to something good and lasting and beautiful. Tell me I did the right thing. That it was worthwhile. That nothing's ever wasted and that love can save the day. That there are no endings if we don't give in, and no beginnings if we are not brave enough. Take my hand. Walk with me. Need me. Find a place for me. Pray for me. Look for me. Tell me for certain that God will save a happily ever after for me, somehow.

No comments: